Saturday, December 3, 2011

Adiós...

The big take off is closing in and my bag lays almost packed in the bedroom floor. Closets are empty and the place looks somewhat deserted. I might even get an hour or two of sleep before my early morning flight to London.

I've been saying a lot of goodbyes and getting a lot of farewells in the past weeks and finally I'm starting feel like I might be leaving. I keep telling everybody I won't be away for that long - and in a way I feel I can't wait to be back!


Last spring when I made that decision to leave, I was excited but doubful - I have those feelings still but it's another kind of excitement and doubt. Hard to put in words... It's definitely a different person leaving that the one that decided to go. My life has already gone on an interesting journey during the past year, a good journey. And even though I feel doubts about many things I feel I've made the right decision and I wouldn't want things to go or to have gone any other way.

Just the other night I got reminded by my friends of how this all started. I was coming back home from one solo trip and picking up a very innocent looking book at the airport, Eat Pray Love. A lot of it hit me right there somewhere.

It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live somebody else's life with perfection. - Bhagavad Gita / Elizabeth Gilbert

So now I'm living that destiny and starting that one long journey I always wanted to do. I have so many things that I'm looking forward to see & experience and I'm sure the next months will be one defining period in my life. But it also feels like I'm leaving a lot behind. Though I try to see it in that way that I have a lot of nice things to look forward to when I come back :)

Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it and sometimes DANCE around THE WORLD for it. - Adapted from Elizabeth Gilbert by my friends



No comments:

Post a Comment